Friday, May 24, 2013

A Twist in the Plot

Plot twist! About a month ago, I had applied to be a student speaker at our district TechFest. This week, I received an email saying that I have been chosen!

The TechFest is going to be Thursday, May 30th. I am scheduled to speak at 2:30 with other students from the district. I am going to talk about my DIY project, because it was quite technology based, and how it furthered my learning. I spent this past week preparing what I am going to say and created a power point to compliment my little spiel. I am not going to lie, I am a little nervous. We have only about 5 minutes allotted for us, but I am scared I am going to start rambling and going around in circles. The last thing I want to do is start repeating myself and going nowhere. But this is perfect because our final presentations in class are the week after and I will be all prepared already. I had signed up for that first Monday to talk about my book.
Little Sneak Peek of My Presentation

This next week leading up to the TechFest I am going to perfect what I am going to say. I want to know what I am going to say without feeling rehearsed. I want to be natural because nothing is more boring than listening to a robot that sounds like it's been programmed to say things. The key is bullet points so I don't feel tied down to structured sentences but still know which ideas to hit.

My book was shipped this last Tuesday and I am scared that it's not going to come in time for the TechFest. The earliest it can come is Tuesday which is cutting it really close. It's not a disaster if I don't have my book to talk with, but it would definitely be nice.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment