Friday, March 8, 2013

Nowhere to Go But Up

Calling all you writers! I need your voice!

I have finally built up the courage and release my form and plea to my Facebook page. I was a little afraid before because being rejected by people I know personally is much more of a blow to the self-esteem than being rejected by a stranger halfway across the country.

So far, support has been positive! Instead of posting a status, I decided to post a picture and then write my request with it because I figured that people usually stop and look at pictures more often than stopping to read statuses, especially lengthy ones. Also, if people like a photo, it resurfaces on the news feed again. I am such a dork, but I even looked up studies of when people are most responsive on Facebook so I could time my post perfectly.

The things I do for English.

I even found a nice graphic poster to go along with my post with a quote from Ray Bradbury, "Don't talk about it; write." People are always talking about the crazy adventures they had in high school, so why not write about it?

I'm slowly but surely getting submissions. Some are incredibly cheesy and some are quite touching. I'm hoping to edit the cheesy ones so they're a bit more bearable. I've emailed all the English teachers in the HBUHSD district and some have agreed to share my information with their students! A teacher in Washington also got back to me so we'll see what comes from that.

I've also set a date for myself. I will be receiving submissions until May 12, 2013. I will have it all put together my the 17th of May and be ready to order that day. It takes about a week for Lulu to print a book so I hope to get it around May 24th which will should just put me up to the due date of this project. I might have to modify this date to give me more breathing room though.

Surveymonkey went down for a bit this week and I had a mini panic attack but it's okay now. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

Our pitch is coming up in a week so I must prepare for that. I still don't know what to show for my visual or what I'm going to say really, but I will figure it out! In the meantime, I will continue to reach out to more people.

No comments:

Post a Comment